Saturday, May 10, 2008

My baby rocks!

And they're off! Well, almost. That's my offspring #3 in green lining up for the 1500 meter race in the 2008 CYO Meet of Champions that took place today. Man, I get winded just thinking about running let alone actually getting out there ... in a race. Not in this lifetime, baby. Anyway, that's my peanut in green, getting ready to run her socks off. There were over 500 kids participating today. Yep, you read that right - 500! Luckily for her, she inherited her daddy's love of participating in athletics. This is her first year participating in CYO track, and she totally rocked today!!! This is a big deal folks. She's the youngest on the team, with some girls being 2 years older than her. In addition to her high velocity performance in the 1500, she also ran the 400 meter, and participated in the long jump. She had so much fun today. In fact, when she left the house this morning with hubby man to head out to the field, I told her that her only job today was to go and have fun. And, she did! My baby rocks!

2 comments:

Marjie said...

Good for her, running her little feet off! Hope you had a fun mother's day with the kids...dinner out, perhaps?

pam said...

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog! She looks so cute - getting ready to run!